Sunday, March 20, 2011

Banana Chiffon Cake




Last week my husband went to Malaysia to visit his sisters and brother. He brought back banana, passion fruit and longan . Some were planted by his brother and some were given by friends. The banana is of a species we have never taken before. it has a distinct taste and is the sweetest banana we have ever eaten. I used some of the very ripen banana to bake chiffon cake and I also made steamed banana cake. Of course my family can't finish all, I gave some to my friends.

This chiffon cake is very soft and light, is an ideal breakfast and tea break for the elderly because the cake is not oily and banana is one of the most nutritious fruit you can get.

For recipe click here. (This recipe makes 2 mini 5" chiffon cakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment