Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blue Pea Flower Fragrant Rice With Curry Chicken






This is the fastest and easiest way to prepare my lunch today. It took me less than one and a half hours from cooking to serving (including the time I went to buy the chicken, coconut and vegetable from the market). I bought the instant curry paste from Melaka a week ago. My children and I agreed that it tastes better than A1 brand. This is my first time cooking rice with blue pea flower. It looked so beautiful and appetizing compared to our routine plain white rice.

My verdict: Good and fragrant. I definitely will cook again.

Recipe:

Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
3 cups white rice, washed and drained
1.1/2 tbsp cooking oil
3-4 cardamom
some black pepper to taste
25g young ginger, chopped
1 heap tbsp dried blue pea flowers/15 fresh blue pea flowers.
4 pandan leaves

1-1.1/2 tsp salt to taste
water ( for cooking rice)

Method:
1) Heat up oil, stir-fry chopped ginger until aromatic. Add in remaining ingredients except flowers, and stir-fry until fragrant.

2) Transfer the rice mixture into a rice cooker, add water, salt and flowers and cook until done. Discard flowers and pandan leaves. Serve with your favourite curry.


3 comments:

  1. Veronica, your fragrant rice with curry chicken looks delicious. Lovely blue color too. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the blue pea flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Vazquez, thank you for dropping by my blog. I bought some from Malacca. And some were given from my friends.

    Wish you a Happy New Year 2013 ahead.

    ReplyDelete