Saturday, December 15, 2012

Steamed pork belly with fermented bean paste

One day, my eldest son asked me:
My son:    " Mom,  where is your post of steamed pork with fermented bean paste?"
Me           :" ah? you want the recipe? It has no recipe. It is all agak-agak*. You mean you don't know how to cook?"
My son:     " Ya, please post it otherwise I don't know how to cook when you are not 'available'."




This is a very common home-cooked dish. This dish is simple and fast to prepare and yet can be eaten along so well with alot of rice and porridge.  This dish can be alternately steamed with pork ribs too.

So my dear son, this is my agak agak recipe specially for you:

Ingredients: (serves 4 - 5 persons)
400 g pork belly ,cut into thin pieces or pork ribs cut into small pieces
2 chilli padi, diced
6 pcs gingers- cut into thin slices
1 teaspoon fine sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 to 1.1/2 tablespoon minced fermented  yellow bean paste
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 limes

Method:
1)  Mix all the above ingredients and steam over high heat for 25 minutes ( Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour for pork ribs).
2) Squeeze some lime juice to your liking. Serve.

*agak-agak: estimate







2 comments:

  1. Veronica, this dish looks simple but I know it is very delicious! I would love to eat it with lots of rice.

    ReplyDelete