Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Creative Steamed Cupcake - 彩绘可爱蒸蛋糕







This is the latest  book written by a well-known Japan food blogger.  Ms. Junko-' Deco Steam Cake'. I am very inspired by how the Japanese present their food in such a beautiful manner.

Recipe: (Heart shape cupcake)
Ingredients:
100 g pancake mix flour (薄饼预拌粉)
1 medium size egg
30 g Castor sugar
30 g plain yoghurt
30 ml  fresh milk
15 g unsalted butter (melted)

1 teaspoon plain flour
edible red food colouring

Method:
1) Put sugar and egg in a mixing bowl, mix well with egg whisk.
2) Add in yoghurt and milk, mix well after each addition.
3) pour pancake flour, mix and blend well, then add in melted butter, mix until mixture is well combined
4) Take 2 teaspoon mixture from (3) into a small bowl, add in 1 teaspoon of  plain flour, a drop of red colouring, and mix well..Pour the batter into a small piping bag.
5) Pour the plain cupcake batter into muffin cups with cupcake liner until 70% full. Pipe the desired pattern you like on top of each cupcakes. Tap 3 -4 times  the bottom of the muffin cup to expel the air.
6)  Steam over medium low heat for 12- 15 minutes or until cooked.






14 comments:

  1. wat a beautiful steamed cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica's Kitchen,
    I'm so happy and excited to find your blog. I love this steam cupcake, I definitely gonna make this one soon. Bookmark your site and happy to be your newest follower. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melgie Campbell, Thank you for reading my blog. I am so happy to hear that you like this steam cupcake. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By pancake flour what do you mean? Is there a specific brand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Silvershoes May, thank you for dropping by my blog. There is no any specific brand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Veronica. That's adorable. Mind to add my website www.hankerie.com to your link as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Veronica, may I know how many cupcakes can we make from this receipe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ris, I made 7 - 8 small cupcakes from this recipe. The paper cup base is 2", top is 2.5". and the height is about 3 cm. I made 4 recipes and I got 36 cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Veronica, it is possible to show a step by step?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edith C, HI hi, I will do that give me sometime. Thanks for your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Veronica, I changed upon your website while searching for this recipe :) I tried baking some this morning.. a couple of them "burst" but the rest were looking good! as for flavour.. mine tasted a little plain.. i will probably add some flavoured essence in the next time i do it.. thanks for sharing the recipe! have a great week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete