Thursday, July 4, 2013

Chocolate Orange Cake






 After enchanted Phong Hong's post of Orange Chocolate Cake that inspired me very much because I like orange cake and anything made from orange.  When I feel thirsty, I only turn to aerated orange juice.

The texture of this cake is soft and light. It goes well along with a cup of hot coffee or tea. Anyone wants to join me?

Recipe: Source from "Lovely Butter Cakes" via Phong Hong Bakes

Ingredients:
(A)
200 g butter
200 g castor sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped orange rind
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

(B): Combined and sieved
  250 g plain flour
  1 teaspoon baking powder
  1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  1/8 teaspoon salt

(C)
  250 ml sour cream
  30 g cooking chocolate (melted using double boiler) (I used 50g as I prefer stronger taste)

Method:
1)  Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2)  Line and  lightly grease a 9" round baking mould.
3)  Beat butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
4)  Add eggs one at a time, and beat well after each additions.
5)  Add orange rind and vanilla essence and beat till well combined.
6)  Add ingredient B in four (4) additions and sour cream in 3 additions.
7)  Take half (1/2) of the batter and gently mix with the melted chocolate, do not over mix.
8)  Alternatively pour the plain and chocolate batter onto the baking pan until all used up.
9)  Bake in the preheated oven for 55- 60 minutes. (mine was baked for 45 minutes as it was already done)
10)  Remove from oven and unmould after 10 minutes. Let the cake continue to cool.


Note: I baked an 8" round cake and 4 cupcakes with this recipe.


8 comments:

  1. Hi! Yes, I have bookmarked this recipe for trying too, yours looks lovely, now I have to try both versions lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica, I love the zebra version! Thanks for the mention and glad that you enjoyed the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish to have at least two slices for my afternoon tea now, I love butter cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! This is beautiful! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this, i bookmark and have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putting these on my list for brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate orange, perfect combination :)

    ReplyDelete