Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mi Laksa Goreng Ala Thai (2) - (Fried noodle laksa with Tom Yum paste )




Came back from my USA and Canada tour just a few days ago. After 2 weeks of western cuisine, you have no idea how much I have been craving for spicy food.
Still feeling the effects of time jag, I felt rather lazy so I decided to cook this tom yam paste noodles with prawns since I have some prawns freezing in the fridge and also it is very easy to prepare.. Actually this is a revised version from my older post.

Recipe: Serves 5 to 6 persons

Ingredients:
600g laksa noodle
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 shallots, chopped
15 shelled medium size prawns
1 piece of fish cake, sliced
10 fish balls, cut into half
2 eggs, beaten
100g bean sprouts
some shredded lime leaves

Seasoning:
2 to 2.5 tablespoon Tom Yum paste ( I used  hollyFARMS brand)
2 teaspoon lime juice
2 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
Dash of white pepper
1 cup water

Method:
1)  Heat up oil, saute chopped garlic and shallot until fragrant.  Add in prawns, fish ball, fish cake, and beaten egg, stir-fry for few minutes till the raw ingredients are  just cooked.

2)Add in laksa noodle, seasoning and stir-fry for few minutes.  Pour in water and continue to stir fry till the gravy has absorbed by the noodle. Add in bean-sprouts, mix well,  Dish up onto a serving plate, sprinkle with shredded kafir lime leaves, serve.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! Hope you had a great tour. Me too when I came back from US, first thing I did was eat my oyster sauce steamed chicken with lots of chilli padi hah..hah..Your spicy fried noodles is a sure cure for anyone craving for spicy food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi veronica..i was looking for laksa goreng recipe and found yours the most appetising. may i know where can i get that tom yam koong paste? does it taste spicy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nur Shahidah, thank you for visiting my blog. I bought the tom yam koong paste from " Yes" supermarket. It is not very spicy to my taste, you can add more or less to your liking. I prepare to cook it again for my next pot luck with friends because it is really delicious and appetizing. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica, usually this is the case when we are back from travelling. I was thinking of frying fresh Laksa noodles last week with black pepper. Now I have this choice of using Tom Yam too. Thanks for sharing this delicious noodle recipes. Like the flavour and sourish taste.

    ReplyDelete